The Right Angle Club

Our Ninety-fifth Year

History

The Right Angle Club was founded in 1922 as the National Exchange Club, Philadelphia Chapter. Shortly thereafter the group's independent nature prompted a movement towards independence which happened in 1931 when the Official Right Angle Club was formed.

Purpose

The Club provides for the social and intellectual enjoyment of its members through the medium of weekly luncheons throughout the year, and extracurricular activities scheduled from time to time. (Examples of these are: the annual stag black tie President's Dinner, excursions, Christmas luncheon with wives, luncheons and dinners frequently at nearby country clubs and the Corinthian Yacht Club.)

Membership

Our current members number approximately 63 professionals, our charter limit is 85. Membership in the Right Angle Club is by invitation.

Philanthropy

In 1936 the Right Angle Club began to support the Church Farm School. In 1999 we changed our beneficiary to the Philadelphia Police Athletic League. Then in 2011 we began to support the Children’s Scholarship Fund – Philadelphia. The weekly meeting "Raffle" proceeds are used for this purpose.

Contact Information

To mail something to the club, please address it to our new home at the Pyramid Club:

The Right Angle Club
c/o Ms. Emily Garvin
The Pyramid Club
1735 Market Street, 52nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103-7596